easy, fast, and delicious fresh basil pasta recipe
This entire thing takes roughly 15 minutes to make, if you chop everything while waiting for water to boil. Makes either 2 portions or 1 very generous portion.
What you will need:
spaghetti, or pasta of your choice- I use whole wheat
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon table cream (around 18% milk fat)
1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped (save a few sprigs for garnish)
salt and pepper
1. Boil water, cook pasta until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, saute the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes until juices from tomatoes run. Add cream, stir. Add most of the coarsely chopped basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. When pasta is done cooking, stir in the sauce. Sprinkle parmesan generously over the entire thing.
4. Garnish with basil leaves.
5. Serve with a nice loaf of bread and a green salad.