Use this quick and easy recipe, best used when shrimp is in season (tastier, cheaper, and easier to come by). Very good for entertaining a small group, and this recipe can easily be doubled for larger crowds. Pair with either a simple mixed greens salad and freshly baked country grain or rye bread or some whole wheat pasta for most pleasing results.
Experiment with different wines (although I always suggest sticking to a white when pairing with shrimp), and lastly, enjoy!
This recipes serves 2 or 4, depending on amount of salad, bread, and wine you are providing.
24 large shrimp (deveined and peeled, tails left on)
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
4 large cloves of garlic
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc works well- drink the rest of the bottle with dinner!)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or more- it adds colour!)
1/2 medium white onion, chopped very finely
a few lemon wedges
1. Marinate the shrimp in 1/2 cup olive oil, white wine, parsley, and lemon juice for 15-30 minutes.
2. Saute a few spoonfuls of bread crumbs, the chopped onion, the cashews, and garlic in the butter (add garlic after a few moments), until golden.
3. Add the shrimp, marinade sauce, and juice from a few of your lemon wedges.
4. Cook until shrimp are pink and juices in the pan are bubbling (a few minutes).
5. Serve the shrimp with the sauce for dipping bread or add pasta to it.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh parsley sprigs.